So how do you keep yourself motivated now and even in the less stressful times? Do you do it through books and magazines? What about attending speaker series or watching webinars? Do you keep up to date on trends in business that you read about in newspaper?
I picked up a couple of business magazines recently.It is not something I do a lot, relying instead on my local library. The titles intrigued me and so did the cover stories. Kudos to the editors for finding my "sweet spot", to intrigue me enought to buy.
The latest issue of Success magazine had a interestng article entitled "The You Plan: Design a path to a optimum life." Authored by John C. Maxwell, leadership expert among other things, he talks about great tools for personal growth. I would just like to detail them for you here to provide you something to think about when you are having trouble keeping yourself motivated.
1. Great people. Schedule one lunch a month with someone who will stretch your thinking.
2. Great messages. Listen to one message that challenges you every week.
3. Great places. Plan one trip every year that will inspire you.
4. Great events. Set aside time and money to attend one conference or workshop per year.
5. Great books. Commit to reading a book every month. If possible, increase that discipline to one per week.
I find just reading the list starts me thinking about what I can do in the coming year to keep myself motivated using these tools. I hope it motivates you as well.